Friday 21 March 2014

Revelation 18:4 Come out of her, my people


And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. -Revelation 18:4 King James Version (KJV)




Apocalypse Explained, by Emanuel Swedenborg, [1757-9], tr. by John Whitehead [1911], at sacred-texts.com
1105.

Verse 4. And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come forth out of her my people, that ye become not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 4. "And I heard another voice from heaven saying," signifies exhortation to those who are in truths and in the good of life to beware of such (n. 1106); "Come forth out of her, my people," signifies that they should leave them [the Roman Catholic Church,] and not communicate with them (n. 1107); "that ye become not partakers of her sins," signifies lest they come into their evils, which are from the love of self and the love of the world (n. 1108); "and that ye receive not of her plagues," signifies and thus come into falsities of evil [or false beliefs,] and consequently into [spiritual] destruction (n. 1109).




No comments:

Post a Comment